Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Aspergillus as a suspect

There are so many types of aspergillus.

Aspergillus niger I have connected to bulbs: garlic, onions, and tiger lilies.

Aspergillus flavus I have connected to grains and legumes. (not the anaphylatic peanut allergy that is always eczema and staph)

Aspergillus fumigates is found primarily in compost piles where it decomposes grass and grains. (are these responsible for Hayfever?)

But there are so many of these and they do overlap.

My original notion that we could use our allergies to divide these up may not work as easily as I thought.
I still want to believe that as decomposers they have their specialties or favorites. That they would carve out their niche.

If parasitic things are made to search for their targets do they cause our allergies?

Should we just focus on aspergillus as an infectious group even if the autoimmune diseases they may condition the immune system for could be different? 

Some days things are more confusing then they are clear.
I hope things make more sense tomorrow.
Angela Biggs

No comments:

Post a Comment